« Italy ! | Main | Blog-free »

Comments

We actually already have this through our dispatch. Only other cab drivers get the info, obviously, but it's considered common courtesy to call-in when you spot cops out with radar, or a drawbridge is up, accident clogs traffic, etc., etc. Then all the other drivers know the situation, and how to deal with it.

Oh great... I can see it know - Sydney traffic being somehwat more congested then that of Perth (It's true I tell you!), you spot a speed camera, fumble for your phone, fumble some more getting to the text message menu on your phone, pass fumbling madly whilst trying to TEXT said service and... Doesn't "KEEP YOUR EYE'S ON THE ROAD" mean anything to these people???

There's idiots out there encouraging this type of behaviour???

*sighhhh*

Of course there is...

Good Stuff Adrian..
I think any company that helps drivers avoid speed traps should be locked up for a long time.
Speeding destroys so many innocent lives.

Adrian? Who is Adrian. Crashes cause death, Not speeding. And how do you avoid crashes, you make the drivers more alert of there surroundings. We don't just report speed cameras. That's 10% of our service. The other 90% is advising people of traffic hazards such as: oil on road, kids throwing rocks from overpasses, traffic accident, etc. etc. Informing motorists of these hazards makes them more aware and helps them avoid crashes.

Crashes cause death, Not speeding.

Adam, what causes the majority of crash fatalities ? 'Speeding is a major contributor to crash risk'.

We don't just report speed cameras. That's 10% of our service. The other 90% is advising people of traffic hazards

If this is correct, why aren't these ratios reflected in your marketing ? As it reads, the emphasis is on detection avoidance, thereby appealing to ratbag drivers.

You tell him Adrian..
It's scum bags like this who are all to happy to profit from deadly behaviour that destroys families day in day out..
Its like the gun dealer saying 'people kill people not guns'... Just one big cop out..

Hi Adrian.

I'm sorry I do not agree with you.

I would love to know where you got your facts from. I recently researched the crash history issued by the Queensland Department of Transport which found less then 2% of crashes were caused soley by speeding. How can you say it's a major contributor when it's not. That's why speed cameras have not reduced our road toll. Yeah, they may slow people down, but they are not going to stop them crashing. If speeding was a major contributor to our road toll, surely you would have seen a reduction in it with so many new cameras, and not in increase! How many times have you seen someone break abrubtly in front of you when they see a speed camera? Surely this causes more problems then the speed camera prevents. I really think you should keep an open mind and take the time to read some information on the following site: http://www.roadsense.com.au/ as I do not have the time to explain reality to you.

If you could only see the messages we sent out on a daily basis i'm sure even someone as narrow minded as yourself would be impressed.

Thank you.

Okay Adam, I grant you speeding may not be the biggest contributor to road crashes, per se. Despite your link to a site created by an aggrieved motorist which relies on one study in Queensland. Hardly what could be classed as definitive.

No matter, the thrust of my post still stands - it's irresponsible of Road Spy to market a product which tacitly encourages ratbag driving. Regarding this, you conveniently failed to address my previous question,

If this is correct, why aren't these ratios reflected in your marketing ? As it reads, the emphasis is on detection avoidance, thereby appealing to ratbag drivers.

Furthermore, given you work for Road Spy and argue on their behalf, how about the professional courtesy of providing your full name and designation ?


Speeding dosen't kill;

Crashes don't kill;

Drink driving dosen't kill;

LACK OF CAR SAFETY DOES!

JUST LOOK AT FORMULA 1 - THE DRIVERS WALK AWAY CONSISTENTLY FROM 300 KM/H CRASHES - MEANING THE TOP THREE STATEMENTS AS TRUE!

Nice point Simon, very nice. Adrian, if you must know my full name it's Adam Bush. I am the owner of Road Spy, and came across your site, when Google Alerts advised me that this site had mentioned Road Spy. Sorry for not answering all your questions in my previous post, however I thought the answers were pretty obvious.

Our markerting schemes have been designed by a third party and they have used this marketing strategy because it works, after all that's what markerting is all about and thats their job. Have you ever stop to consider why Bunderberg Rums use a polar bear to sell their products? Everytime you see that polar bear you know it's associated with Bunderberg Rum, weather you drink it or not.

What do we offer that no other traffic services offer??? Speed Camera warnings... So thats our image, that's what makes us stand out from the others. I'm no marketing proffessional but I can tell you that the reason my site is marketed the way it is, is because it works that way.

Over the past months we have added additional services such as a fuel watch service, which provides the location of the cheapest fuel around. These messages are appended to other alerts throughout the day. As the price of fuel is a major issue at the moment, I'm sure you will see changes to our site reflecting some marketing in this form.

Anyway, no hard fellings, and safe driving and love your site.

I'm no marketing proffessional but I can tell you that the reason my site is marketed the way it is, is because it works that way.

Adam, an effective marketing campaign doesn't automatically bestow legitimacy on a product. If it did, then you wouldn't have politicans, police and road safety authorities looking to shut down Road Spy.

As a young businessman it would be fair to say you're still learning the power and consequences of advertising. Even Bundaberg Rum with all their marketing experience have recently undertaken to have the Polar Bear emphasis responsibile drinking. An obvious response to perception of a negative image.

However given the candour in your last response I'm hopeful you'll be fine-tuning your marketing to reflect a more responsible message. Whilst marketing people will advise what works best, ultimately it's Road Spy which dictates what sort of image they want to project.

I'd imagine a more positive marketing emphasis from Road Spy would be advantageous to selling an increasing suite of services, eliminating the need to appeal to the lowest common denominator - ratbag drivers.

The comments to this entry are closed.