My favourite World Cup Blog has listed the 'best and worst' after two rounds of 56 games,
- Best goal: Maxi Rodriguez’s volley in extra time to give Argentina the win over Mexico.
- Best game: For drama alone the Croatia and Australia first round match gets my vote.
Despite my Aussie allegiance I reckon Argentina vs Mexico was the best game to date. For Worldcupblog's full list go here. Categories include,
- Worst game:
- Best team to watch:
- Worst team to watch:
- Best team not to advance: Ivory Coast. The Elephants were victims of the Group of Death.
- Worst team to advance:
- Best referee’s decision:
- Worst referee’s decision: The one were FIFA picked half of these guys and gave them $40,000 each to ruin games.
- Best fans:
- Worst fans:
- Best Goal Celebration:
- Worst Goal Celebration: Thumb sucking should be reserved for small children.
Unfortunately player categories were not nominated. Here's two of mine, plus a wildcard,
- Best playmaker: Argentinian midfielder, Riquelme
- Best goalie: Italy's whatsiname...
- Cutest fan: Mexican girl
(images enlarge, courtesy-CAULD HOTSHOTS)